Summary of degrees and main experiences
- Postdoctoral researcher in Software Science at Radboud University Nijmegen (2020 - Currently)
- MBA in Project Management at the University of São Paulo (2020 - 2021)
- PhD in Computer Science at the University of São Paulo (2016 - 2020)
- Co-Supervisor in the Postgraduate course of Applied Computing in Education (2020)
- Visiting PhD student researcher at University of Leicester (2018 - 2019)
- MSc in Computer Science at the University of São Paulo (2014 - 2016)
- Scientific Initiation scholar at the LabES/UFPa (2013)
- Software engineering intern at Siemens Corporate Research, USA (2012 - 2013)
- Scientific Initiation scholar at the LINC/UFPa (2011-2012)
- Scientific Initiation scholar at the LPRAD/UFPa (2010-2011)
- BSc in Computer Science at the Federal University of Pará (2008 - 2014)
Carlos Diego Nascimento Damasceno is currently a Postdoctoral Researcher in the Institute for Computing and Information Sciences (ICIS) of the Radboud University. His research interests range from empirical software engineering, software product lines, software testing, model learning, and research software artifacts.
He is a former Student supervisor and Online tutor of the Postgraduate course on Applied Computing in Education at University of Sao Paulo (CAE-USP). From March to November 2020, he worked in the CAE-USP course supervising students developing term papers on Educational Data Mining and producing video content to a module on Scientific Writing and Methodology.
Between 2016 and 2020, he was a research assistant and PhD candidate at the University of São Paulo (ICMC-USP) under the joint supervision of Adenilso Simao and Mohammad Mousavi. During his doctoral studies, he spent one year as Visiting PhD student researcher at the University of Leicester performing research in the broad field of software engineering. In his PhD thesis, he investigated techniques to construct finite state machine models from evolving systems.
He earned his Master’s degree in Computer Science (2014-2016) also from the ICMC-USP. In his MSc dissertation, He performed studies in model-based test generation and prioritization for Role-Based Access Control systems and empirical software engineering.
He holds a Bachelor in Computer Science (2008-2014) from the Federal University of Pará (UFPa). During his undergraduate course, he had working and research experiences as Software Engineering Intern at Siemens, and Scientific initiation scholar of multiple research laboratories at UFPa, such as Software Engineering Laboratory (LabES), High Performance Network Planning Laboratory (LPRAD) and Laboratory of Computational Intelligence (LINC).